Thursday, September 28, 2006

Photo Scavenger Hunt #90

The subject this week is:  "Autumn"

Interpret this any way you like and have fun!

   So armed with my camera, new filter and instructions on how to use it I went off looking for autumn pictures.  Right away I ran into a problem.  Looking into my viewfinder I couldn't see well enough to tell any difference when I rotated my filter!  I tried covering it and looking but really couldn't tell much.  It was also overcast at times by the time we got started.  Some pictures turned out great, some awful and very dark and some more colorful then they looked in real life.  I even brought my tripod and used it.  Gee, starting to at least look like I know what I am doing, LOL.  So here are a few.  As usual  I took over 180 pictures and have trouble decided which to show so I will show more then one, less then 180.

      Now this one is a little dark but I love the way the road S curves away.

We were at the beginning of the horse trail so this hitching posts drew my attention along with the dark red sumac in the back.

   This is one of those that was more colorful in the picture then I remembered it really being.  My husband says it really looked like that but he had sunglasses on.  Must be the filter?  I do like the road in it though.

  We have lots of wild turkey around and these 2 sat still long enough for a picture.

    Last but not the least of the many I took the sound of crunching leaves under my feet as I climbed up steep hills to get to the top for pictures.  Taking pictures is good exercise.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

i think these are great

Anonymous said...

I love the paths and the other pictures as well. You did great. The colors are changing much faster there than they are here. I have noticed before that when looking through polorized sunglasses that the fall leaf colors are much prettier. I have made that remark to my hubby before. Helen

Anonymous said...

What beautiful photos, I shall put you on my Alerts.

Thanks for coming to see my Horse pictures, I can see I shall have to try to improve my standards!!

Linda.

http://journals.aol.co.uk/lindaggeorge/GeorgeMansions/

Anonymous said...

Wow, these are fabulous!  Totally awesome!   Those turkeys made me smile and the last two are wonderful!  I love nature shots, so I am a bit excited about these =), wow!  Good shots!  Hugs, Val xox
http://journals.aol.com/valphish/ThereisaSeason

Anonymous said...

Absolutely gorgeous!  I love the turkeys!

Krissy
http://journals.aol.com/fisherkristina/SometimesIThink

Anonymous said...

love em all....beautiful country....beautiful fall pics...but number 4 is absolutely gorgeous!
gina

Anonymous said...

I love the road and I love the little rocky entry way...These photos make you want to take a long surreal walk,,,
Raven
http://journals.aol.com/rebuketheworld/RebukeTheWorld/

Anonymous said...

You have such lovely countryside, our autumn colours are rarely that good over here. Beautiful pics.
Sylvia
http://journals.aol.co.uk/Sylviam4000/YeOldeEnglishPosy/

Anonymous said...

I definitely think you know what you are doing... lol...
these are wonderful! and turkeys even....
Have a great week!
Linda :)


Best Blog Award

Best Blog Award
awarded by Martha

Birdhouse Award

Birdhouse Award

Close Up Award




My Blog List

Followers

Blog Archive



free counters
Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape