Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Using my circular polarizer filter

  I finally got my new filter and a sunny day.  It had been raining for days.  I can see I have some things to learn with it like the best time to use it, but it makes a huge difference in clouds and some other shots.  I should have taken some with and without so I could see exactly what the difference was but of course didn't think about that until after I was home.

    The clouds were very impressive yesterday anyway but with the filter it really shows how I saw them.   It does seem to darken the entire picture though and I will need to figure that out better.

   We were on another bike ride so these are of the trail through the woods.

      

  Next just some more cloud shots.  I really like the clouds we had yesterday.

 The next picture I got a kick out of because I never noticed the golfer in the picture until I enlarged it.  Can you see him taking his swing?

   Next a couple of shots I liked.  This mushroom was growing out of the side of a tree and was at least 12 inches if not bigger around.  Not your usual shelf mushrooms.

    Check out the ripples in the water, cool, and you can see the water running off of the goose.

  Now probably using the filter in the woods was a mistake as the colors did not look like this, however, I like the way it gives the woods a cool dark look so to me it works.

  

   The river looks cool, it was pretty anyway yesterday, very sparkly and the pictures turned out pretty nice.

 

                                       My favorite

         I also invested in Photoshop element 7.  It reminds me so much of the program I lost.  I really like a program like this for fixing old family photos.   I took all my photo albums and pictures of us as children and repaired any bent corners and tears and then downloaded them on cd's.  For a small fee I did my friends and families old pictures and had gotten pretty good at it.  All I did was repair, not alter the pictures.  So I am glad to have this new program.  I need to practice but check out how I got rid of the lines.  Thanks all for recommending it.

        I wanted this picture of the clouds with the rays coming out but couldn't get away from the wires.  Then I decided it would be a good shot to practice with so I took it and practiced.

  Not perfect but lots better and I will keep working on it.

      As usual I have taken lots of pictures.  I am a picture taker but I will just show one more.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wanta going shooting? What fun and great pictures :).
Betty

Anonymous said...

Wow these are gorgeous!  Loved them!
Pam

Anonymous said...

wonderful:)

Deb

Anonymous said...

You did great. I love them. I have never tried any filters. I see Greg gave you some good advice. Helen

Anonymous said...

I wish I knew how to use filters...and lots more.  You make me want to be a better photographer!!  lol
I especially like the 3 shot.

Nancy

Anonymous said...

How interesting ; I never saw what a circular filter can do. I love the clouds and branch one and the geese ones! Great work! Sassy ;-)

http://journals.aol.com/sassydee50/SassysEYE

Anonymous said...

what beautiful scenery!!!   you did a great job.  i loved em all.
gina


Best Blog Award

Best Blog Award
awarded by Martha

Birdhouse Award

Birdhouse Award

Close Up Award




My Blog List

Followers

Blog Archive



free counters
Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape